Mount the bicycle of your imagination and follow us on an enchanting trip around the beauties of Athens.
Kids of all ages, set the wheels in motion…
Take your family along and follow safe ways through parks and cycle lanes. Treat your spare time of nonchalance with fitness in the following suggested places:
- Park of Environmental Information and Sensitisation “Antonis Tritsis”.
- “Syggrou” grove in Kifissia
- The ex royal estate in Tatoy
- The Technical University’s park in Zografou
- Intermunicipal cycle track of the northern suburbs
Acropolis Museum and keeps on through Apostolou Pavlou str. to Thissio and Monastiraki and, at Assomaton square, it meets Ermou str. Take the latter and go as far as Gazi or Plaka.
Feel the energy of the surroundings: incomparable monuments of the Greek cultural heritage will set the backdrop for an unforgettable ride pas the Ancient Agora, the Ancient Dionysus Theatre, the Roman Agora. For a time journey back to the ages of the old times of Athens as capital of the Hellenic Republic, Plaka is the best choice.
Caressed by the sea breeze…
When you have cycled around the city centre but you are eager for more, go to the Athens Riviera and enjoy some ouzo after your ride. Our suggestions:
- From “Floisvos” marina to Eden beach
- From Fáliro to Glyfáda
- From the marina in Glyfáda to Kavouri
The outskirts of Athens are famous with mountain bikers. Among them, the mount of Parnitha stands out. With very well marked trails, satisfying the demands of all the levels of fitness and stamina, the national park of Parnitha will thrill you and revitalise you.
Once again, the rides range from very easy to very difficult:
- Metohi – Agios Georgios – Tapilthi
- Mola – Loimiko – Saloniki
- Cable car station – Mont Parnes – Agia Triada – Skipiza – Mola – Flampouri – Thrakomadones
- Cable car station – Mont Parnes – Mpafi refuge – Mola – Loimiko – Dyo Pigadia – Agios Nikolaos – Avlona
If you are into cycling or envy the bikers and want to be part of the thrill but you don’t have a bike yourself, you can hire one in Athens. Some of the agents offer rides guided by experts too. Discover the magic of the city on two wheels!